Monday, April 11, 2011

birthday crazies

We are already almost halfway through April and we have been busy, busy, busy!

We celebrated Jerek's birthday on the date by taking chocolate chip cookies to story time, going to a friend's house for a play date (and getting McNuggets for lunch), opening 2 presents, and then going bowling (Jer's first time!) with Mana and Papa.  We had a blast and so did Jerek!

Helping stir:

Helping Mommy do the dishes:


Mana getting ready to bowl:

Jer; look at that sweet face!



Yes, Jerek did better than I did and no, I didn't let him win!


Then, on Friday, we had his birthday party.  We actually invited his friends this time, instead of just inviting our friends who may or may not conveniently have children his age.

My mom and I made the cake.  We used a website to guide us and my mom's decorating ability and came up with this:





Jerek, again, helping "clean up"



 Yep, it really was that sweet!

So, not only did he have a rockin' cake, we had a "golden dragon egg" hunt, popped dragon eggs in the dragon cave to find some goodies, pinned the fire on the dragon, and then ate that awesome cake!

 The goodies:

Golden dragon egg:

Dragon cave with dragon eggs:

Popping the "eggs"

Terrible Terror that my brother drew for Jerek

 Matt and Jerek with the dragon

Jerek and Jesse

 Jerek and Gabe

Jerek and his besties!

So, I have no idea how I will top that one next year . . . .

I guess we won't celebrate.

He's not allowed to turn 5 anyway.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, that will be tough to top next year. That cake is amazing. It turned out so cool!

    ReplyDelete