Thursday, September 23, 2010

a little something for me!

Spent some time (too much time really) the last two days searching Ravelry for a gauntlet and cowl combo to knit for myself for this fall/winter.  I decided that when I finish the sweater for Baby M, finish Jer's sweater, and finish re-casting off the cuffs on the sweater I made for him last year, I may just have time for a little something for myself.  That is, if I can squeeze it in before the next round of baby knitting (and yes, pun intended).

Anyway, here are my two patterns of choice, for now . . . 

Cabled Fingerless Gloves - gotta love the cute little beads!  I have the perfect little silvery-white seed beads to use for these.


AND

Fresco Basket Whip Cowl - I already plan on having to make this longer, I want the "hood" look to be higher on my head.


I am thinking that I am going to use the Naturally Caron Country yarn I picked up at Hobby Lobby, on clearance for 2 bucks a skein.  Can't walk away from that!  I have 3 or 4 skeins in a very sultry and elegant Claret.  I am in love with this yarn, even though it is flawed and I get frustrated every time I use it.  It is splitty, but the sheen and colors and softness are scrumptious.

My biggest feat to overcome?  Pulling off wearing both . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment